Friday, February 09, 2007

Song & Dance: Oscar's Men

A couple of weeks ago on Friday's song & dance, I shared the best actress nominated ladies singing their hearts out. Now it's time for the men from the Supporting and Lead Actor categories. It's a special edition of Song & Dance w/ six clips.

We begin with Ryan Gosling on the Mickey Mouse Club. He's the fourth guy to sing in this pre-N'Sync quartet (Justin Timberlake and JC Chavez warble away before him). It's Ryan freaking Gosling !!! all baby like. I just. I have no words. I can't imagine him in N'Sync. Thank god he found out he was a brilliant actor and didn't go that route. But there you go... To his right is Peter O'Toole singing the classic "Impossible Dream" from Man of La Mancha. Below them are Eddie Murphy doing his best Elvis & James Brown in his hit concert film Delirious. Mark Wahlberg then gets down with the Funky Bunch and shamelessly sells those pecs in MTV staple "Good Vibrations".





The last two bonus clips are kinda stretchin the point but whatevs, enjoy. First up is Djimon Hounsou doing that big smiley body waving dance he did in Janet Jackon's "Love Will Never Do Without You" (which was already featured here) only this time he's grinning wide for a Gap ad. And, finally, there's Alan Arkin playing musical chairs with the Little Miss Sunshine cast on Ellen Degeneres. Steve Carell cracks me up.

6 comments:

StinkyLulu said...

Between the Gosling clip and the Sunshine musical chairs, you have just made me very happy.

Bet said...

I love the musical chairs segment, but I have a friend who swears that Alan Arkin is cheating. He's not cheating, he's just a fine musical chairs player!

Neel Mehta said...

Great clips. But why are Gosling and Co. dressed like Aladdin?

Poli said...

I heart Steve Carrell.

The shock on Toni's face when she beats Abigail is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. To think Donnie Wahlberg was bigger than Mark at that time.

Anonymous said...

How embarrassing must that be for Ryan 'I'm the antithesis of fame-hungry media whore' Gosling to relive?...