Saturday, February 03, 2007

Wonder Woman Whedonless

Joss Whedon, my hero and the man who brought us the greatest TV show of all time (Buffy the Vampire Slayer -pay attention!) has announced on Whedonesque, in his usual witty fashion, that he's done with the film version of Wonder Woman for good.

I assume Warner Bros chickened out on what was probably a non-traditional take. They are known to err on the side of caution: witness the non-start for Darren Aronofsky on Batman Begins before Batman Begins um...began, witness the endless years where they changed their mind about Superman Returns and how much money they wasted in the process. I'm sure Nicolas Cage enjoys whatever sprawling estate that corporate blunder gave him.

Joss says he has other projects in the pipeline and we already know about that Buffy Season 8 comic book. But how many years do I gotta beg in vain for Faith the Vampire Slayer? Eliza Dushku won't stay 26 forever.

Mmmmm, Eliza Dushku

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wasn't sure where to put this. I love your Foreign Tally page, but Puerto Rico was nominated in 1989 for Santiago, the Story of His New Life.

Jason Adams said...

WHAT????

I come back from the weekend TO THIS?????????????

Anonymous said...

"Buffy" is the best tv show of all time. I would love to see "Faith the slayer"

NATHANIEL R said...

hi anonymous. welcome.