Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Curio: April Shower Curtains

Alexa from Pop Elegantiarum here, sneaking in some April Showers before the month is up. When I walk into my bathroom I really just want to see a fully-dressed Cary Grant in the shower. Sadly, I still can't find a shower curtain that realizes that dream, so here are some other ideas to film-ify your bathroom.

Of course you can always resort to the obligatory Psycho homage. This $5 bathroom makeover doesn't require much more than a black sharpie and some acrylic paint. If that sounds like too much work, you can just buy the shower curtain here.


This bloody curtain and math mat set brings to mind the bathroom scene from The Conversation.


But really, if you want to scare yourself at 2 a.m., I think this Nosferatu curtain is the way to go.


After inviting a killer to your shower, it's probably a good idea to bring in The Enforcer.



Finally, your sweetest option is probably this Singin' in the Rain curtain (available at fredflare.com).

7 comments:

Wild Celtic said...

I love the Singing in the Rain curtain!!

The vampire one is creepy, too. Très magnifique!!

jbaker475 said...

They're all good, but I love the ones for Psycho, Singin' in the Rain, and Nosferatu. These would actually make fun gifts (at least for your fellow cinephile...).

Jude said...

I like all of these! I'm going to consider purchasing one of these...

Dominik said...

I actually have the bloody bath mat. Bought it for myself last year around Christmas along with some other fun stuff. I think it's the same as here!

Chris Na Taraja said...

Hysterical! Especially the hands and feet

Stephen said...

My God, is that a beautiful bloody handprint shower curtain. Makes me wish I had something more than a shower stall with a door.

hometheater said...

these curtains are really cool, I could get the psycho one for my wife it would freak her out to no end, she kind of looks like the actress in psycho