Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Links

House Next Door on five Glenda Jackson performances
Being Boring another top 10 list for '08 (not only film) but I do like these write ups
The Big Picture on what film directors could learn from Obama's speeches
popbytes Penélope Cruz' new ad campaign
Defamer 20th anniversary of Steven Soderbergh's sex, lies and videotape celebrated at Sundance
MNPP didn't forget David Lynch's birthday like I did. Which Lynch image scares you the most? There's so much to choose from.

Details interviews Liev Schreiber about Defiance and Wolverine. On his workout and diet to play Sabretooth:
I felt like I owed it to the genre to be big
I guess doing battle with Hugh Jackman's impossibly huge guns --> would motivate. Sabretooth wears long sleeves in the trailer. Denied.

6 comments:

Mikadzuki said...

"Bob" terrifies me to this very day, but I think I'll have to go with INLAND EMPIRE. The scene with the darkened theatre stage and the yellow spotlight. I had already seen pictures of The Phantom before I saw the film, so that kind of neutered the impact of the final scare, but this one just scared the wits out of me.

Brandon said...

Hi!
You have a very nice blog here and I'd like to get on one of your links lists. My blog is called Demon Women - http://demonwomen.sensualwriter.com. I invite you to check it out and let me know what you think.
If you want to trade tell me and I'll add your link ASAP.

Thanks,

Brandon Loucks

James Hansen said...

We're doing a whole David Lynch week at Out 1 (out1.blogspot.com) this week. You didn't think I'd forget did you? I almost called you to celebrate!

Anyways, I just did my personal history/take on MULHOLLAND DRIVE and there is plenty more to come throughout the week. Everyone come and join and vote in your David Lynch poll!

RahulB said...

I have to agree. I still get nightmares about Bob.

Especially on that long take when he's crawling to the camera...Jesus Christ.

NATHANIEL R said...

RAHULB ... [shudder] that gets my vote too, and easily, which is saying a lot considering how unnerving Lynch films can be

Brian Darr said...

One Lynch image? Very tough. Probably the birds-eye-view of the well-dressed man coming up the stairs in Blue Velvet. But there are contenders abounding in Eraserhead, the Twin Peaks pilot, Lost Highway, Mulholland Dr. and INLAND EMPIRE.