Friday, August 24, 2007

An Invitation to Play "Exquisite Corpse"

As a child I was fascinated by the drawing game Exquisite Corpse in which a piece of paper is folded in three and passed 'round the room. One person draws a head, the next person draws a torso (without seeing the head, the paper still folded) and the final person draws the legs and feet (w/out seeing head or body). The paper unfolds to reveal an often hilarious, surreal, frightening figure, an 'exquisite corpse' (here's an example for the confused)

The Film Experience loves reader participation. So --can you see where this is going?--let's play this surreal game together

You: Nathaniel I really want to play!!!
Me: Good, I thought you might.
You: What do I do?
Me: Oh beloved reader, it's easy. You simply screengrab or find and crop an image of one of the following three things:
a) a movie character viewed from the neck up
b) a movie character viewed from the neck to hips
c) a movie character viewed from the hips down.

Send me the file (the bigger the better --but in jpeg format please) and let me know what movie it's from and your blog/site url if you have one.
You: What happens then?
Me: I piece your pic together with two others images sent by other readers and credit you all when the lovely frankenstein movie moster is revealed. We can all share a laugh or squeal of horror (or both) and then everyone can try to figure out which movies the body parts are culled from.

Get it? Got it? Good! It's easier than it sounds. I'll post the first corpse as soon as I have enough entries. We'll continue if we enjoy ourselves. Deal?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this idea! If I can figure out how to crop a pic, I'll join in.

NATHANIEL R said...

if you want you can send a whole one and i'll crop it (just tell me what "part" you're sending...)

J.D. said...

This sounds like a fun idea! But, uh, one thing: Do we send the pictures as different files, or try and put them together ourselves?

NATHANIEL R said...

different files. the point is for them to get thrown together randomly. You can't know what all three images are!

Anonymous said...

Ok I sent one.

J.D. said...

Dang it! I just reread this, and I just now noticed the just one thing. Oops, lol.

Did anyone else even send one in?

NATHANIEL R said...

yes i got a few.

the first edition will be up tonight or tomorrow