Friday, March 20, 2009

Link What Yo Mamma Gave Ya

not a movie poster very cool UK poster for Let The Right One In. I'm confused. Does this mean the film hasn't yet opened there?
MNPP declares war on stupid sex-phobic Watchmen articles
Dr. Stan Glick alerts us to a free screening of Korean Oscar submission Secret Sunshine in NYC on March 26th. If you're fond of great actresses don't miss it. The lead performance is pretty damn incredible (she won at Cannes).
The House Next Door a detailed piece on misogyny and feminism in Battlestar Galactica


Deep Focus terrific review of the must see prison picture Hunger
Screengrab talks to Garret Dillahunt about his career upswing. I love him as an actor but there's no way I'm seeing Last House on the Left. If I need my scary Dillahunt I'll just have to wait for The Road to open and see it again (he terrified me and he was barely in it.)
/Film Will Chris Pine be Hal Jordan in The Green Lantern? Seems like a dull choice to me but then I am still haunted by Just My Luck. Unless he's suddenly bursting with heretofore unseen movie star charisma post Star Trek filming...

8 comments:

Dave said...

Does this mean the film hasn't yet opened there?

Yes. Yes it does. (I can't be annoyed though because my film festival volunteering meant I saw it on Sunday, a month early. So hooray.)

Anonymous said...

In the spirit of linkage I hope you don't mind if I provide one:
http://ca.lifestyle.yahoo.com/fashion-beauty/articles/archive/bang/julianne-moore-lands-clinton-role-2009-03-20

Thought you would like to see it since it is Julianne Moore playing a bio-pic role. Is Clinton too much of a contemporary figure to be seriously considered as a potential Oscar nominated performance?

Sam Brooks said...

Yay! Secret Sunshine. Everybody should see this movie. It blows Park Chan-Wook right out of the park.

Cinesnatch said...

You've seen "The Road"? Where's its grade on the side bar?

Cinesnatch said...

You've seen "The Road"? Where's its grade on the side bar?

rosengje said...

The actress from Secret Sunshine won two years ago at this point. Last year the prize went to the lead female from the new Walter Salles movie, Linha de Passe. Her name is Sandra Corveloni.

Anonymous said...

Why do you refuse to see The Last House on the Left?

NATHANIEL R said...

i'm not much for horror plus i keep hearing about an explicit rape scene. So, I'm out. I can only take so much sadism in movies.