Friday, July 28, 2006

Box Office, Brad, and Boobs

Cinematical informs us that Brad Pitt’s next project after new fatherhood, Jesse James and Babel promotion (check out the new poster. Wheee.) and another Oceans romp is looking to be The Curious Case of Benjamin Button for director David Fincher. This long gestating development-hell plagued film is about a man that ages backwards. I’m crossing my fingers and offering gifts to the cinematic gods to see this through to a real greenlight. Why? Well the story sounds worthy of imaginative filmmaking and Pitt does great work under Fincher’s hand. Se7en and Fight Club are his two very best performances, say I.

The Stranger Song is a new movie/pop culture blog you should check out. They have a smart and interesting piece on the critical/box office divide in response to AO Scott’s NY Times piece which was in response to the Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest box office explosion. Got it? I completely agree that box office does not automatically equal public love and it was a relief to read someone else addressing this issue articulately.

Movie City News's guru David Poland talks about the ever shifting MPAA ratings system and the overall lack of sex at the movies. On this point I agree. Even supposed slutfests like Basic Instinct 2 don’t deliver in this area. I watched that on DVD last night and not only was it just awful in all the traditional ways a movie can be bad but, apart from its filthy mouth, it was pretty tame and dull. And re: Sharon Stone's one major nude scene in the film. Maybe a lesbian or heterosexual man can explain to me the appeal of fake boobs? I don't get it. Do people really like them? The huge amount of boob jobs in Hollywood seem to indicate that someone does. The appeal of large breasts is obvious but fake large breasts? Please to explain if any boob man is reading.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Babel trailer is out:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount_vantage/babel/trailer1/

Koji Yakusho billed above the title! That makes my day.

Anonymous said...

Basic Instinct 2 is garbage yes...but it is trashy, lurid and absolutely TONS OF FUN garbage. I was entertained throughout the movie and it never got boring. Sharon Stone looks amazing for 48. Sexy as ever

Anonymous said...

and her peformance is soooo bad that it's amazing

Glenn Dunks said...

I'm getting more and more excited for Babel.

Fake books look fake, so maybe guys like the thought that a chick has "improved" herself just for him? I'm not sure.

Agustin said...

I'm a boob man (that sounds so funny)
and i really can't see the difference between natural and fake boobs, well maybe lil kims..
i don't squeeze them like oranges so it's the same for me, i won't notice

c.p. iñor said...

I honestly prefer real boobs, but I don't have any problem with fake boobs as long as they look real and FEEL REAL! (If that's possible, i've never touched fake boobs)

NATHANIEL R said...

the only reason i bring it up is that i think sharon stone is sexy and then when she disrobed and the boobs were so round and unmoving it just kinda freaked me out. I think body parts should move when bodies move.

just sayin'

Anonymous said...

I hate fake boobs. Anyone who can't tell the difference has no business ever touching a woman.

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »