Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sundance Reviews @ Zoom-In

Ah, the magic of screeners.

I haven't been to the Sundance Film Festival since 1998 (gulp) when I lived in Utah (double gulp) but I'll be contributing a few reviews to Zoom-In's extensive coverage. My favorite of the the few I was able to see is the documentary Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired but, then again, I am partial to Hollywood-specific subject matter. Three of my reviews are now up for the documentaries Secrecy (on goverment control), Anvil! The Story of Anvil (a heavy metal documentary. It was time warp disorienting for me -- the most exposure I've had to headbanging since the 1980s) and the aforementioned Roman Polanski doc.

Keep an eye out for a couple more this week.
*

4 comments:

adam k. said...

You lived in Utah as recently as 1998??? Whoa, I couldn't even read the rest of the post after I saw that. Double take.

NATHANIEL R said...

that was my last year there.

adam k. said...

OK fair enough.

adam k. said...

I guess it's no coincidence then that the film bitch awards and stuff all started around 1999.