Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hump Day Hotties: TV Characters

I was seriously not feeling it today, the selection of some random star to drool over. So: something different. There’s a listing meme sweeping the blogs now occasioned by our master Joss Whedon naming his 25 fav TV characters of all time. My blogbuddies Stinky & JA took up the task as well. Now as I’ve remarked many a time I don’t watch a lot of television (relatively speaking) so today’s Hump Day Hottie is the 25 Hottest TV characters according to moi. Some of which I’m embarrassed about. But lists are always confessionals, aren't they?

25 Rachel from Friends. I know. I know. I'm totally Team Jolie but in the first several years of this show: hot! (My favorite hairdo was the long impossibly sleek version)
24 Dark Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Reg'lar Willow is too pure to be pink. But Dark Willow? Rowwwwrr. Love the gay foreshadowing.
23 Dr. Mark Greene from ER. I'm sorry. In those first few years I just wanted him in the worst way. So adorably bald and soft lipped.
22 Samantha from Bewitched. Wasn't just the nose but that helped.
21 Chachi from Joannie Loves Chachi . I apologize.

20 Sammy Jo from Dynasty. White trash nouveau riche is no longer even remotely hot. Nobody will ever do it better.
19 Alex P Keaton from Family Ties. The only Republican I'd sleep with.
18 Maya from Space: 1999. Shapeshifting sexiness.
17 Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Yeah, I got sick of him too. But for a good long while it was pure yum.
16 McDreamy from Grey’s Anatomy. He gets so much sexier every decade he will be causing spontaneous multiple orgasms in the entire world populace when he hits 90.
15 Six from Battlestar Galactica. She terrifies me. And apparently with my actressexuality, that's a turn on. I didn't know.
14 Buffy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. *sigh*
13 Claire from Six Feet Under. Why didn't she win 100 Emmys?
12 Laura Holt & Remington Steele from Remington Steele.
11 Kelly Garrett from Charlies Angels. I know this is such a K-Mart Middle America choice. But I'm a midwestern boy and as a little kid I thought she was the prettiest person ever. I knew that Sabrina was cooler and Jill was foxier but it was Kelly all the way for me.

10 Captain Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly
9 Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica. (prev. post)
8 Jordan Catalano from My So Called Life. Like Angela, I'm helpless.
7 Batgirl from Batman.
6 Chris Keller from Oz. I hate this show. But Chris Meloni? Damn.<
5 Agent Dale Cooper from Twin Peaks. I love every single thing about him --especially the way he disarms everyone around him with nonsequitors and contagious enthusiasm.
4 Carrie Bradshaw from Sex & The City . Some of the credit has to go to Patricia Fields, genius costumer, but SJP is hot stuff. I don't care what anyone says.
3 Rick & Lily from Once & Again. The scene where they sleep together for the first time remains the sexiest thing I've ever seen on my television screen.
2 Faith from Buffy the Vampire Slayer "five by five" And a "10"
1 Michael from thirtysomething. Ken Olin, Mmmmm. (prev. post)

19 comments:

Jason Adams said...

Ken Olin on thirtysomething was the hottest damned thing on TV ever, I completely 100% agree.

I almost put Jordan Catalano on my list, but it would have been just because of how hot he was; I actually hated his character, he made me want to beat the shit out of him; luckily your list is about surface and therefore gets him. Lucky.

DL said...

Yay for Lauren Ambrose! I was so in love with her for the longest tmie (especially when she was into the lesbian experimentation with Mena Suvari's character. :D)

Dark Willow was pretty hot, but I like Happy Willow better. Her and her outfits that "looked like they were picked out by a blind Sunday School teacher." So cute.

I wish you watched Veronica Mars though, 'cause wise-cracking Logan (Jason Dohring) definitely would've made it on my list.

adam k. said...

You liked the long impossibly sleek hair on Rachel? I never really did. I thought it made her look kind of plastic... and it started to represent for me how the whole show had been getting kind of plastic by then. My favorite was the "shag", the 'do that got Rachel's hair famous in the first place.

Sigh. Remember back in like 1996 when Friends didn't condescend to teenagers?

"Actressexuality" is a much better word than actressuality. I approve.

NATHANIEL R said...

Is Logan the ex boyfriend who is thin (compared to the beefier other ex boyfriend) who is always getting away with everything and whose father tried to kill Veronica?

DL said...

Yupp, that's the one.

NATHANIEL R said...

i like his performance actually. he doesn't play the scenes in the way i'm expecting.

Glenn Dunks said...

omg I hope I didn't just read a spoiler? The first season finale is airing tomorrow night and I strangely haven't read who Lily's killer is as soon as Nat started saying something about Logan I scrolled away.

Logan is nowhere as good as the star though. Veronica Mars for President plz.

Glenn Dunks said...

Oh, and I was a bit upset that on a list of hottest tv characters there was no mention of Sheriff Truman from Twin Peaks. Coz seriously... omg.

I think Michael Ontkean circa 1990 was soooo smokin' hot.

Joe R. said...

Jake Hansen from Melrose Place, bitches!

And Logan's definitely hot, even if his character is super-annoying.

Neel Mehta said...

8 Jordan Catalano from My So Called Life. Like Angela, I'm helpless.

What, you like the way he leans?

Alanna said...

Fantastic idea, Nathaniel. In fact, I may need to "appropriate" this for my TV blog. I'm with ya on your Buffy pics, save for Dark Willow (her widow's peak is just too much for me.) Lauren Ambrose is GORGEOUS. How about another redhead, Miranda from Sex and the City? Sheriff Bullock from Deadwood for that 19th-century brand hotness? Gregory House? Sawyer from Lost? I can keep going, people.

Robb said...

I love love love Elizabeth Montgomery on "Bewitched" but you forgot Tom Hanson(Johnny Depp) and Dennis Booker (Richard Greico) on 21 Jump Street . Gotta love those pretty 80's boys!!!Excuse me while I howl.WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

NATHANIEL R said...

i shoulda known you'd pop in for Greico and Depp.

although Depp is the only one who'd place for me ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that Greico (especially as he has aged) is, like, eeewwwww!!

Robb said...

Richard grieco is ghastly NOW. Maybe that's why he's not on T.V. (or anywhere else) for that matter.Let's face it, he wasn't known for his superior acting ability!Obviously,Johnny is in a totally different class of celebrity.

c.p. iñor said...

I LOVE FAITH!!! (I'd have place her in the 1st spot) and where's ANYA? ... and CORDELIA? .... and PHOEBE?

Anonymous said...

i would like 2 no wat the sigh after buffy was?a sigh of saddness cause the bst show ever is over?i get it...

NATHANIEL R said...

the sigh for Buffy is about three things.

1. Buffybeing over (although full on bawling wailing gnashing of teeth is closer to the truth than a sigh I s'pose)
2. she's so so pretty and crushworthy adorable
3. wanting success for SMG but knowing Buffy was the peak (it would be for anyone so there's no shame in it)

Anonymous said...

What about Veronica Mars? Smart, funny, bitchy, stunning. Hottest fictional character ever.