Monday, November 17, 2008

You Look Like You Need a Link

Bad and the Ugly Johnny Depp as Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland. Or is the photo a fake? Discuss
The Big Picture on why Twilight came from Summit rather than a big studio
Den of Geek has a list of 75 comic books on their way to the screen -- god help us all
In Contention Kris waits and waits for the Oscar contenders
Defamer Helen Mirren: 'saucy cougar or grandmother who says totally inappropriate things'
Drawn! old Star Wars storyboards
A Room of One's Own makes a curious case for Amy Adams
OMG Actress/comedienne Wanda Sykes comes out of the closet
Gold Derby Oscar Documentary finalists. Go Trouble the Water ! Win that thing (not that it will but I can dream. More on this race later when I have more time.

And I have to share this soul-destroying clip on Prince of Persia (coming in 2010) from ET (thanks Topless Robot) on account of it... well. I don't know quite why I'm sharing it. Whim? Untreated Gyllenhaalism? Jake's "muscle implants" maybe.



This movie looks t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e (not that most on set 'making of's don't make their movies look cheap and badly costumed and whatnot. But that Bruckheimer reference to Lawrence of Arabia doesn't inspire generous feelings, you know?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why you're so esceptical, Nat. I really think we're looking at the next Lawrence of Arabia. :)

NicksFlickPicks said...

You weren't kidding. My soul is destroyed.

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about? Jakes abs..oh erm I mean Prince Of Persia will be a masterpiece.

Also may I just say i am continutally fascintated with your ability to use the word "link" in witty puns.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I'm already nostalgic for Hidalgo.

Catherine said...

Have you seen Milk yet, Nathaniel?

NATHANIEL R said...

my screening was overboooked last night. sniffle.

so later this week.

Nick M. said...

I haven't seen "Trouble the Water," but I will be cheering on "Encounters at the End of the World" and "Man on Wire" to grab documentary nominations. "Encounters" would be a lovely film to award Herzog for since it really represents his fascinating documentary style.

Karen said...

I'm glad the big studios passed on Twilight and that Summit got it. And after watching Amy Adams in Enchanted I'm a fan. I can't wait to see her in Sunshine Cleaning, that movie looks quirky and fun.

Chris Na Taraja said...

The Larwence of Arabia comment may not inspire generous feelings, but Jakes buff body does! : )

Anonymous said...

twilight's that bad, huh? cant say i'm surprised. I'm just wondering about the performances. I'm hearing so many different things.