Monday, June 29, 2009

Linkboy

The Big Picture on idiotic soundbites this week. Michael Bay's is a real dumbass doozy
Pictures for Sad Children "a famous person has died"
StinkyLulu Supporting Actress Smackdown 1983
my internet is where... has fallen in hate with Leonardo DiCaprio
Erik Lundegaard charts out the Best Picture Box Office problem... we've been talking about this for a long time. It's a beast of a problem and quite complicated... though the simplest explanation is that the moviegoing public is no longer interested in dramas (preferring just about any other genre) and Oscar still loves dramas most of all.


/Film Steven Spielberg, Oldboy and a complicated lawsuit
Thompson on Hollywood The Hurt Locker. Could the movie and its director Kathryn Bigelow factor into the Oscar race?
In Contention "the more the merrier?" Oscar's new inclusivity. I hadn't even thought of the voting block problem. Yikes. I'm going to have nightmares

8 comments:

Wayne B said...

Ouch! I wouldn't be very pleased if I was either Cage or Affleck after reading that Michael Bay quote.

Deborah said...

I love "a famous person has died;" that's AWESOME.

Debs said...

I just watched that press conference Sid Ganis threw. Jeez, it was pathetic. STILL claiming the academy chooses the best of the best. It's just become laughable.

Rich Aunt Pennybags said...

I love "a famous person has died;" that's AWESOME.

I loved that too, Deborah. It's about time someone had the guts to say it. I hope you don't get flamed again Nathaniel like in that one particular thread, and here I thought I got too obsessed about the Oscars.

Anonymous said...

FYI: Don't watch Transformers 2. I can't handle anymore celebrity deaths.

Krauthammer said...

Pictures for Sad Children is awesome

Brian Darr said...

Michael Bay is like a spammer. He says outrageous things that rational, intelligent people realize are so crazy that they first get angry, then eventually learn to ignore them. But as long as the occasional naive or dim-witted observer believes one of his memes, his methods have proven themselves successful.

NATHANIEL R said...

Brian... "spammer" is a great summation!