Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More Stweeps

Since it's Meryl Streep Month, here's another round of things "overheard" about Mary Louise on Twitter. Though it would undoubtedly be the most irritating thing on earth after the novelty wore off I really do wish Tweets came with audio, the person reciting their 140 character nuggets. I dubbed Streep related tweets "Stweeps" last time and it's going to spread. Would that I could get royalties when I coined terms.


I wrapped up with trickzakky because he summed things up quite nicely, I think. Now can anyone tell me what the #squarespace quote refers to or who this soap opera actress is who looks too much like our Meryl? (No points for shouting Mamie Gummer, smart asses)

Tonight on Streep at 60: Kramer vs. Kramer, The Seduction of Joe Tynan and Manhattan

7 comments:

Jeff M said...

I rarely comment on these things - but I'd like to say something I think very important about Meryl. Of course, she gets all kinds of laurels and compliments, but I don't know if people actually realize that we're witnessing what Diane Keaton referred to as a 'trailblazing pioneer'. I hope people truly appreciate living in the era of Streep. Years from now, the hosannas she receives now will seem pale in comparison.

Seriously, she is nearing 60, headlining blockbusters, receiving unparalleled honors, keeping her private life just that, and delivering performances that defy belief. There has never been anyone before like her and odds are there will never be anyone like her again. I pity the critics of Streep because they are missing out on something huge.

This is a once in a millennium talent, and words cannot do her justice. I am thankful for an artist how gives us all hope!

Terris said...

The tweet from TheVirtue is a quote by Meryl: "There are improbable things suspended in space, like the earth.".
Actually it was SPACE, not SQUARESPACE...

Ryan T. said...

How serendipitous!

My friend at work came to me this morning saying there was a movie being filmed on her bus route and she was asking me, her film buff friend, what it could be. I of course had no clue, but she told me they were filming a whole Fourth of July parade scene.

And lo and behold, one of your stweep finds (bbhdbbhd) answered my question! And imagine if you had captured the moment four minutes earlier, I wouldn't have known the answer. Though is "fourth of july" just a place holder for the Untitled Nancy Meyers Project she's filming right now? Hm...

Rick said...

Jeff M.

You may not often comment on things, but when you do it is a wonderful mouthful... I love what you had to say ... AND it's the truth!!

amica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amica said...

well said jeff m

Streep is incomparable no matter what her critics say. i dont know why they are "blind" to her sheer brilliance.

i am grateful that in my lifetime, i have witnessed her great artistry...

Nicola said...

I am unDOUBTably (he he) a Mezbian.