Sunday, June 21, 2009

Stweeps #3

More Meryl Streep Tweets. Yay, Sunday filler!


I love the variety of emotions Meryl brings out in people: reverence (wallpaper) awestruck fear (brain eating!), overrated annoyance (poopy), respect (badass)


Meryl Streep @ 600! Hee. It's a retrospective that only Methusaleh could write.


Agnes Moorehead???? No one ever speaks of her but I smile on the rare occasions that people do. If you've never seen The Magnificent Ambersons (1942) you must. I know it's hard to find (every time I search for it I get the blasphemous remake) but Moorehead gives one of the best performances of all time -- it's more than worth seeking out.

frannylovesfigs was right. It looks like Meryl really is on the cover of is Mastering the Art of French Cooking but please tell me that's a removal paper wrap? I love Meryl but if that's an actual cover that's so wrong. Julia Child... RESPECT.

Tomorrow (June 22nd) is Meryl's actual 60th birthday. We'll have a celebratory post and video and then a couple days break from Streep -- there's current cinema to discuss -- before we wrap up Meryl Month (June 11th ~ July 10th). I got off to a late start, so we're extending through July 10th.

5 comments:

Joe Shetina said...

I think Meryl Streep always eats our brains with magic.

Glenn said...

Moorehead in Ambersons really is one of the greatest perfs ever, isn't it? I watched Hush... Hush, Sweet Charlotte last night though and was surprised to discover she was nominated for that as well. How strange.

Anonymous said...

I want to go all Mary Daly and impregnate Meryl with Moorehead's babies (who would take over the world).

Anonymous said...

oh my!

Professional Tourist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.