Monday, May 11, 2009

Kristin Chenoweth

Just got back from the Kristin Chenoweth gala at City Center. Hugh Jackman and Kristin's Pushing Daisies co-star Swoosie Kurtz were there. Swoosie's hair is very red in real life. I thought I was going to have a heart attack throughout because I somehow convinced myself that Hugh Jackman was going to join Kristin for an impromptu duet. He did not. Coronary avoided.

Kristin told us her new TV pilot was not picked up. She's unemployed. This is rather shocking because I assume she's talking about Legally Mad ... the only new show I'd heard she was working on and that's a David E Kelley show (Michelle Pfeiffer's husband, don'cha know) and since when do his shows not get picked up? Perhaps it's something else? Update: No, it's official. Legally Mad is DOA.

Anyway... Kristin. If you ever have the chance to see her in concert, do not pass it up. You'll thank me.

9 comments:

Andrew K. said...

The fact that Pushing Daisies was canceled was an abomination. It was a good show. It is surprising that the Kelly drama was not picked up, that must be what she's talking about because it isn't on NBC's fall lineup. NBC just disgusts me. Imagine Kristin Chenoweth is unemployed, while everyone involved with Dancing With the Stars has a job. Ridiculous!!!

Chris Na Taraja said...

She's pretty amazing. Probably the first person since Barbara Cook to sing "Glitter and Be Gay" and make it completely her own.

check it out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWzewHTcHew

NATHANIEL R said...

that number was the first thing i ever posted to YouTube back in the day but it got deleted due to copyright violation

Peter Chan said...

Darn it. Hopefully she was referring to the 'Sit Down, Shut Up' disaster with Mitch Hurwitz.

NATHANIEL R said...

nope. it's now official

Wayne B. said...

I watched the YouTube clip of her singing "Popular" that was on this blog and its become a mainstay on my playlist since. I especially love the part "Don't make me laugh! They were popular" She puts so much personality into her singing; enjoy it very much.

Jim M said...

Wasn't she just amazing? The other and half and I (visiting Canadians, got tickets late, nose-bleed seats) had a grand time.

And I've been singing "Happy Birthday" while using anti-swine-flu hand sanitizer all freaking day.

Boo Hiss on cancelling "Legally Mad".

NATHANIEL R said...

ha!

that was so funny. i should have written that up right here. And to think that Hugh Jackman heard that first on the plane.

RJN said...

Kristen's concert last night was fantastic! She has so much personality, great timing, and a perfect voice. I was praying for a song from Wicked, and I thought that at a gala that raised over $1 million, she'd be allowed to sing one, but it didn't happen. The show was still amazing though!!