Friday, May 22, 2009

Random Tidbits

My latest column at Towleroad is up. I continue to geek out over Sam Worthington (I promise to stop shortly) and there's also bits on Make Me a Supermodel, Liz Taylor's home viewing (the earth is doomed) and more.

In other news... screened Pixar's UP tonight. One of cinema's all time hottest streaks continues. It's beautiful, moving, funny and thematically sound. But perhaps the best praise one can give it is that it's a totally worthy follow up to WALL•E.

4 comments:

Dustin Morningstar said...

I'm so glad to hear you liked "Up." I'm absolutely dying to see it.

DH said...

Wow! I was betting on UP being Pixar's next Cars, but now I'm super excited.

La Mariposa said...

Thank God for Pixar. Every time I think great cinema for the masses is dead, I am reminded of their constant brilliance.

Bailey said...

I usually like Pixar movies (certainly better than Dreamworks), but was I the only one who thought Wall-E was sooooo overrated and boring? And I don't know, I don't want to sound like an old person here when I'm only 25 but it just seems like "they don't make 'em the way they used to." I think this was kinda discussed in the Sleeping Beauty post recently. Too full of current pop culture references and corny *wink* *wink* jokes for the adults in the audience. Even during the late 80's and early 90's Disney's movies like the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and the Lion King are still pretty classic and evergreen. Does anybody give a shit about A Bug's Life or Cars or Ratatouille? Didn't think so.