Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Near... Far... Wherever Links Are

California
Nerve charts the sexiness of the entire Terminator franchise
<--- Posterwire if you're in Southern California you'll want to check out this exhibit. Bob Peak's movie posters are a-ma-zing. The one to your left is for The Year of Living Dangerously (1983)
Gallery of the Absurd totally awesome "14" has a gallery show in June. Go! Her celebrity illustrations are so... gah
Guardian Charlie Kauffman considering a TV series. Is this a good idea?
/Film the voice of Mickey Mouse passes away. RIP

Seattle
Towleroad Seattle International Film Festival gets the premiere of Johnny Weir documentary Pop Star on Ice

NYC
Michael Musto and TransGriot salute Octavia St. Laurent from Paris is Burning. She passed away a few days ago. R
IP Octavia. Boy did the Oscar documentary committee screw up in 1991 when they ignored both Paris is Burning and Madonna's Truth or Dare, two of the best docs of the entire decade. If you've never seen Paris... put it on your queues immediately.
Everything I Know... Phantom of the Opera sequel still going forward. NYC & London simultaneously next year (god help us all)

Outer Space
i09 offers 9 important lessons on how to turn robots evil

Asia
StarEast is Faye Wong planning a comeback? She hasn't made a film since Wong Kar Wai's 2046, five long years ago.

South of France
In regards to Cannes... I am not good with time zone issues. Every time I hear a story from Cannes I feel as if I've been sucked into a calendrical black hole in which no days of the month or time zones exist. Even clocks and hours have been eradicated. Everything is happening all at once and not at all since it's far far away. I totally don't know what day it is anymore and I'm not even there. I can't imagine how crazy it is in the heart of it. This is a long way of saying I'll address the film festival again tomorrow. Today has been... weird.
*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Charlie Kauffman TV series could be really awesome - Twin Peaks-esque perhaps.

That's what I always think (and hope for) whenever a successful filmmaker creates a TV show. I don't think that happens often though...

SO. said...

oh my god, i loved faye wong in 2046

NATHANIEL R said...

everyone was so stunning in 2046!

Jeffrey said...

Faye Wong's comeback is due to her having spent half her retirement fund on her second daughter's operation for a cleft lip in the United States.
She feels that she can earn more money than her actor husband.

fauzanm said...

I like this blog. I get a lot of information from reading articles that are in this blog.