Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Eye Candy

Matthew Barney A Portrait. You may recall I luuurve Mr. Björk. I do.

Rita Moreno singing "Hard Hearted Hannah" because this blog just wasn't quite gay enough. [Trivia note: Rita is one of the most awarded performers ever. She has an Emmy, an Oscar, a Grammy, and a Tony. Neat trick, non?]

Turner losing the Oscar (as previously discussed/requested). You won't be able to see much since these arent the best quality once compressed, transferred etc, but it's the best I can do. And I don't actually have videos back this far (so this is from an Oscar's greatest moments)

Dreamgirls number. "And I Am Telling You" is the reason that I will actually be predicting Jennifer Hudson, anAmerican Idol alum, to get an Oscar nomination at next year's Oscars. A killer number.

3 comments:

Glenn Dunks said...

I personally love this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xz_-5RCuM0&search=Oscars

Meryl Streep was SO excited.

Javier Aldabalde said...

Thank you for the Kathleen Turner clip.

I also saw Cher winning in youtube (back when Meryl was Queen of the World). I'm loving these flashbacks.

Seeing Liv Ullmann there would make my day (I can always dream).

Anonymous said...

Dear lord I cannot thank you enough. Never thought i'd get to see that. I know it was the late 80's but couldn't Matlin have at least looked decent?

Poor Kathleen. Her only go at Oscar.

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!