Thursday, March 09, 2006

Jump Around

Gore Vidal interesting comments on Capote, Brokeback, and Match Point

"Lourdes Has Her Gaydar On" -Tabloid Whore on Madonna and Child [src -popbytes]
"Lourdes Mommy Questions" -Proceed at Your Own Risk (more of the same) [NSFW]

"Burn Hollywood Burn" -Slant Truth on Crash

If you put these three views (Pop On The Rocks + ModFab ÷ FourFour) of Project Runway's finale in a blender -you get my view. Which is why I ain't postin' about it.

The always entertaining Slant Magazine on the 100 Greatest Dance Songs

I realize I'm late on this Portman SNL fervor but I first saw it here: "Natalie is a Bad Ass Bitch" @ Exceptional Mediocrity. Funny. Never knew Portman could lay it down like that ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was REALLY funny on SNL.

Usually I think she's a goofy, small, little girl. She looked older.

Emma said...

What do you think of my unconventional cuties list?

http://mysticdollarredemption.blogspot.com/2006/03/top-10-unconventional-cuties.html

I'm loving me some Bennet! So damn fine!

Joe R. said...

About Project Runway: I think it's funny that for the second year in a row, the designer who won the majority of the challenges (Daniel; Kara Saun) lost to someone who I think won only one (Chloe; Jay). I was rooting for Daniel, but I was cool with Chloe, too.

Also: I'm am no fan of Gore Vidal, at all, at all, at all. But that wasn't too annoying an interview with him. I was bracing for worse.

NATHANIEL R said...

well you're sweet to read it at my request even though you shuddered at the thought ;)

i still can't get over that Portman thing. I just was NOT expecting that. luv it when the stars surprise me.

Glenn Dunks said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Glenn Dunks said...

Match Point WAS really good though. Definitely in my Top 10.

Am loving the Slant list. Giving me ample music options there.

"in 2006, dance music is a force to be reckoned with everywhere around the world except the United States."

So sad. In Australia there's always dance songs in the charts - whether they're good is another debate though. Hell, out #1 at the moment is a dance tune ("Love Generation" by Bob Sinclair) and along with the UK and most other places, we actually had Madonna's "Hung Up" debut at #1. And "Sorry" is certain to do the same. Dance music is the best.

I sorta love that they included "Justified and Ancient" by KLF feat. Tammy Wynette. That song was totally the best when I was 6.