Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thursday Triple: Vincent Van Gogh

I like to throw a curveball --bet you didn't see Van Gogh coming, did'ja? If Vincent Van Gogh hadn't been so crazy what with the ear chopping and not taking care of himself he woulda turned 153 years-old today.

Here are my three favorite Van Gogh self-portraits...



And yes, I'm aware I've neglected to include a bandaged ear shot. But who needs it when he can convey just as much sans prop?

My favorite Vincent moment in a movie: It's not from any biopic. It's Diane Keaton and Woody Allen arguing about the 'Hall of the Overrated' in Manhattan. "Van Gock" "Van Gock?" Hee.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Van Gock? Like an Arab, she spoke.."

Glenn Dunks said...

Oh god, I left the computer as the page was loading and I could see it from a distance and saw "Vincent" and a "G" and thought Vincent Gallo and I wanted to die.

Film Fanatic said...

Well, yesterday was Francisco Goya's 160th birthday. And, in honor of that, later this year we will see Goya's Ghosts!!