Saturday, May 06, 2006

Between the (Mutant) Lines

So, the New York Times summer movie preview by Dave Kehr is out and in it the three sentence summary of X-Men:The Last Stand concludes with this:
"The direction is in the sure hands of Brett Ratner ("Red Dragon")."
Is this a snarky diss only available to readers in the know ('he who has eyes to see' and all o that') or is this just a straight up opinion. I'm opting for the former and I love Kehr all the more for it. If I'm wrong I don't want to know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I'd like to believe it's the former, because then it's one of the funnier things I've heard in a while, and I could use a good laugh!

Anonymous said...

Well, I wasn't being entirely sincere. Maybe the NYT should start using smileys.

Dave

NATHANIEL R said...

smileys are probably too "bloggy" for the paper of record ;)

Anonymous said...

Lol. That's great. Getting snark through a newspaper like the Times.