Friday, May 12, 2006

Lohan if She's Lucky

Going out or staying in? Your new movie/DVD options:

In Theaters: At Least on the Coasts (links go to trailers)
Dead Man's Shoes I love Paddy Considine, don't you?
Keeping up with the Steins Answer me this: Who funds big screen films starring sitcom actors? You've got Entourage, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Still Standing in the house. You can watch those in yours. It's like that trailer for The Sentinel. Who is going to pay money to watch Keifer Sutherland save the president onscreen when they can watch him save the president for free at home?' Someone please explain.
Wah-Wah This looks 3 tablespoons too precious. But it's directed by Richard E Grant. I've mentioned it many times and I'll keep mentioning until you all obey: You must read his movie memoirs With Nails: The Film Diaries of Richard E Grant one of the funniest books ever.

In Multiplexes
Goal! The Dream Begins Normally I don't rush to see 'inspirational sports movies' but in doing the Actors of the Aughts write ups yesterday I noticed that Alessandro Nivola is in it (and signed for sequels as well). So I guess I'll be seeing lots of football over the next few years. He describes his chararacter as an expensive player with "a habitually wild attitude toward my career and my personal life" Nivola w/ wild personal life? I am so there.
Just My Luck No clip has rationalized my irrational desire to see this, but see it I shall. If Lohan is lucky her fans will all turn out. She can't coast on love for Mean Girls for too much longer...
Poseidon Love the upside down poster. Otherwise... Why?

New to DVD This Past Week
The Facts of Life The complete first and second seasons! So you can watch the show try and find its footing with way too many characters, dumping annoying Molly Ringwald (who would get her revenge just 4 years later becoming a teen superstar) and many others until they settle on Jo, Natalie, Tootie, Blair, and Mrs Garrett as their fab five.
Munich On last year's Oscar shortlist.
Nanny McPhee I had been begging Emma Thompson to return to the big screen. Be careful what you wish for. I refuse to see a woman that radiant be that hideous for 97 minutes. Sorry.
The New World Just beautiful. Do yourself a favor if you're seeing it for the first time. Turn off your phone. Refuse any distractions you normally allow yourself when watching movies halfheartedly at home. This deserves to be seen in the theaters. But since it had one of the most poorly handled releases ever (Argh! New Line. Just Arggggh!), most of you will be seeing it home.
Rumor Has It How many more chances does Aniston get to headline?

What will you be watching this weekend?

tags: Lindsay Lohan, movies, celebrities, Emma Thompson, movie trailers, dvd

12 comments:

Glenn Dunks said...

Is the New World that's released the 215minute Director's Cut? I am dying to see that version after seeing the 125 minute version in cinemas (it was my #2 of 2005 as you know)

dirk.mancuso said...

I am with you regarding JUST MY LUCK. I am a sucker for movies like this. I don't think I have been this excited about a movie since BRING IT ON.

Or 13 GOING ON 30.

Or SHE'S THE MAN.

Yeah, I'm big on the Ivory-Merchant oeuvre.

Sighhhhhhhhhh.

Cool blog.

Neel Mehta said...

I saw and reviewed Just My Luck under unique circumstances. I was expecting it to be worse than it was, but it still looks like a lot of scenes were cut out.

adam k. said...

I get terrified for Lohan watching the Just My Luck trailer. She needs to get out of Disney movies. She's SO over them. The thing about her career is that she got lucky in that her first few Disney films (Parent Trap, and to a greater extent Freaky Friday and Mean Girls) were of higher quality than their usual ilk, and allowed her opportunities to really shine. But it's time to jump the boat, Lindsay. NOW.

adam k. said...

Also, whose idea is it for her to have a new hair locor and skin tone for every film she does nowadays? Hers or someone else's? Cause it's a bad idea. It needs to stop.

Anonymous said...

I finally caught The New World last week and at the end of it I was ready to watch it from the start all over again, but I really don't think it would fit on a small screen.

I also saw Rumor Has It the other day - very odd and bitter but not in the good way.

par3182 said...

Julie Walters, Emily Watson, Celia Imrie and Miranda Richardson are all in the same film and Lindsay freakin' Lohan gets all the press?

I'm so out of touch with the mainstream (thank goodness).

Glenn Dunks said...

My Julie is in Just My Luck? Weird.

Adam! You should know by now (after people such as myself constantly like to remind Lohan-bashers) she is getting out of the stuff. She has Prairie, Bobby, Chapter 27, Georgia Rule...

par3182 said...

no, i meant julie, emily, celia and miranda are all in one film (wah-wah) and lindsay gets all the press for some other film.

no lohan hating here; she's just not a patch on those other actresses.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »