Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Happy Birthday To

...Andy of Everything Oscar. Check out his site or blog and wish him a good one. He promises to unveil his top ten list today. And you know how we love top ten lists. Hell, everyone loves them.

...Mischa. Yes, Mischa Barton of the OC. I admit that I've never watched the show and though I am horrified by paparazzi pics I see of her on pink is the new blog i hold a tiny special place in my heart for her due to the fact that she got down with Evan Rachel Wood on Once & Again in season 3. If ABC doesn't release season 3 on DVD soon I will freak.

...Daniel. As in Auteuil. As in one of the finest actors on the planet. You can catch him in his award winning role in Caché (one of my personal choices for Best Picture 2005) at better theaters in major cities right now. Great movie. great actor.

9 comments:

Glenn Dunks said...

You missed David Lynch's birthday by, like, 3 days. But I picked up the slack so nevermind.

I wish they'd release Cache here. I'm dying to see it. But, hell, we still have to wait til March 6 for A History of Violence, so...

Anonymous said...

O&A is definitely GOING to be released, and there is box art here in case you haven't seen it:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4216

However, it looks like it's been delayed slightly...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4358

If they weren't going to commit to a third season release, I don't think we'd have got the years-later-and-out-of-nowhere Season 2 release, so don't panic.

Rob

Anonymous said...

Just so you know:I stole one of your award categories.

Anonymous said...

In my opinion Caché is the best movie of 2005. Last Saturday I watched "The New World". It's an amazing film with the great Malick style. This director deserves an Oscar. Ehy, America: it's time to celebrate the auteurs. In the past too much people passed by without an award. This year we wanna see nominations for Cronenberg, Malick, Allen, Haneke, Wong Kar Wai...It's impossible I know. But this is cinema. I'm dreaming.

Dario (from Italy)

Javier Aldabalde said...

Ah, the European passion for the movies. Love it :)

ryan said...

Ah Dario, you are obviously an intellegent, tasteful man. Mille grazie.

Glenn Dunks said...

Anthony don't appologise for watching The OC. That show is class A guilty pleasure.

Andy Scott said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!! That was nice of you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you the boyfriend for your compliments.I love Cinema with the capital C. That's all.