Sunday, January 29, 2006

SAG Live Blogging. Arrivals Part 1

6:49
It's 3:49 in LA and the C-Listers TV stars are clogging the red-carpet. Oh, wait there are movie stars already! Yay. I timed this so perfectly. E! actually started showing the arrivals nearly an hour ago but the first hour is usually just the barely famous. Wow. So early for movie stars. I just turned this on and I already get a nice cuddly dose of Jake Gyllenhaal. Casting of Brokeback Mountain was "ephemeral." Hmmmmm. I'm not sure what that means. Well, I mean I know what ephemeral means. But in terms of casting the film... explain please
6:56
OK. Don't talk to each other stupid hosts! Talk to the stars. (If they aren't available talk to the TV personalities.)
6:57
Here we go, George Clooney. So I guess Ryan Seacrest's corny humor is absorbed by all those around him. George is making jokes about gay cowboy movies and Truman Capote. Har-dee-har-har.
7:00
Anne Hathaway is 'chatty Kathy' today. But they've shoved her into a little wee circle in the corner so I can ogle the other stars. Jake is being cute to the fans, signing autographs. So. Cuddly. Just. Want. To. Squeeze. Him.
7:03
The boyfriend and assorted friends are already asking if all stylists are on vacation in Hollywood this week.
7:04
Rachel Weisz is here. She is wearing like a midnight blue. Pretty. Much improved from the Globes.
7:10
Felicity Huffman is talking about her "soft package" she bought to wear in Transamerica. You know. I highly doubt that Felicity took her TV star ass down to Babes in Toyland to buy it herself. Not sure about that color on her but I like the hair.
Moving on to Terrence Howard. Looking fine again. He calls his becoming-a-superstar year "grueling." I bet.